- self-check Karel is self-service equipment that enables to check-out items directly with the library system
- it is possible to use self-check throughout the opening hours to bypass long queues in front of the circulation desk
- on days when the study rooms are open till 9 p.m. the circulation desk closes at 6 p.m. - therefore after 6 p.m. using the self-check is the only way how to check out items
- to use the self-check, you must:
- be registered in our library
- not have any overdue items on your library account
- not have any unpaid fines on your library account
- you can check-out only those items that are eligible to be borrowed (books without red circle label)
Returning books - drop-in box
out of opening hours it is possible to use the drop-in box Helmut for returning books
- the box is located just in front of the entrance to the library
- drop the books you wish to return in the box
- the box can be used for returning books from our library only, do not put books from other libraries there!
- the books will be discharged from your library account the following day in the morning
- in case you return overdue books you will be informed by an email about the fine
If you come to the library during the opening hours, please, bring the books you wish to return to the circulation desk. Do not use the drop-in box when the circulation desk is open.